Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some Weeks....

Some weeks, well they just suck! Here comes another grumpy post....but I'm hoping by getting it ALL out that the next week will be a lot better...I mean it has to right....?
This week hasn't been all lows, there have been highs...but I seem to be struggling keeping my head above the rushing water swirling around me. The week started off all messed up with the long holiday weekend...It was lovely to have an extra day with Jasen but it just set things off...The kids were happy having the father home to play, (he is of course the fun one!). So of course they weren't happy to wake up tues. morning and find Baba gone....I swear all I've listened to all week is BABA! BABA! I want BABA! To tell you the truth after awhile it takes it's toll and you start to feel like a rotten Mum!
I have got all my running miles in this week...but to be completely honest...except for enjoying my run outside...I haven't really been relishing my runs...They have seemed more like miles that I need to complete! I don't want that...I don't need that...I need to have that be my time that I can relish and look forward to....It needs to recharge me and make me feel like I've accomplished something...even if it's just the feeling of getting my butt kicked....and I just haven't been feeling it...
So the purpose of this rant is first to get it out...and then to recharge myself...make me look at things different for this upcoming week...I really need to get organized, find my patience, find my creativity, and find my energy for these crazy little monkeys of mine, and find my drive and love for this journey of fitness....
First, Get it OUT! UGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
Second, I think I'm feeling a little better....
Next, I'm going to do my best to meet this week with a happiness that I have been missing...I think it got lost in grey and gloom that is NW Ohio winter....
Next, I'm going to write out a schedule that we are sticking to this week....and plan out my workouts, plan the weeks meals, write a grocery list....
Next, I'm going to write a long, long, long list of things to do with these kids in the rain,snow, and bitter wind, so that we can have a better week.....
Then, I'm going to drink some coffee, (in the morning that is...)
And then finally, I'm going to feel like I'm the most lucky Mum out there to be able to bike and run my way through this new week, and I'm even going to SMILE my whole way through my 6 miles tomorrow even if it's on the treadmill! LuLu

4 comments:

  1. Your description of weather is making me feel like our Nor Cal storms are a vacation! sorry!
    And I love to meal plan! I love the following site for inspiration:
    http://www.thisweekfordinner.com
    Have a good treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that feeling of Dad being the GOOD FUN ONE! I know it so well..we Moms have to lay down the lay and well..I get it. Hang in there. Being a Mom to little ones is so fantastic and yet the toughest thing on earth.
    there will be workouts and weeks that it seeems like drudgery. Unfortunately. But other times your runs and bikes will sweep you away in endorphin filled bliss. :) Hang tight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have had so many of those days myself. Next time you are down in Tennessee lets go on a run and have some peppermint tea....and vent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your runs this week have been better!

    ReplyDelete