Monday, May 17, 2010

New Swimming Progress....
I read through my training log, and it jumped out and scared me! Swim a whole 100 yards straight!!!! I sat there and thought oh god I can't....I'll be too tired...I'll run out of air....And then it hit me....you know what I had all those excuses not to long ago about swimming period...and then I had all those excuses again about swimming down to the deep end...and then again when I actually put my face in the water! Excuses! Stupid little things! Well I did what I've done with all those excuses in the past...I looked my fears right in the face and said I just don't give a damn! I followed the plan....I just jumped in the water that night like any other....and I got busy! And then progress happened again! I did it I swam a whole 100 yards! And while I was tired, I realized that I need to learn when to push myself a little more because I could have done that a long time ago! I thought for sure that I would be taking just a few extra minutes for a breather following that 100...but you know what I didn't need it...in fact I felt stronger after I did it than before! Lesson learned....push yourself....even before you think that you can....because you can and it will just set you free and make you that much stronger! Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment